Victoria Road, Clifton, Cape Town
Hiding from the visibility of the coastal road and vicinity of the wind, Clifton is a secluded collection of four beaches naturally divided by boulders and rocks. The beaches at Clifton are divided into four distinct coves by stretches of granite boulders – named 1st, 2nd 3rd and 4th – all with beautiful with sugar-white sand and azure waters. Clifton is an affluent suburb of Cape Town, South Africa. It is an exclusive residential area and is home to the most expensive real estate in South Africa, with luxury homes nestled on cliffs that have sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean. If you plan on visiting here, all of our accommodation is close to Clifton beach, with the closest being our apartments in De Waterkant, a 10 minute drive.
Clifton beach has something of a reputation with the trendy set in Cape Town and is a haven for international jetsetters. Clifton was rated as one of the Top Ten Beaches by Discovery Travel Channel and has received Blue Flag status. It was also rated by Forbes.com at number 8 in the Top 10 Topless beaches in the World. Clifton is neighbored by the suburbs of Camps Bay and Bantry Bay.
- During good weather, head to Clifton for traditional sundowners and enjoy the beautiful sunset.
- Although beautifully azure, the sea is freezing cold, so don’t expect to swim for too long.
- There are no shops or restaurants on the beaches, so pack a cooler box and take your own food and refreshments.
- It’s often a challenge to find parking, so it’s best to get a taxi or Uber, or be prepared to walk a little distance from where you’re able to find parking at Clifton.
- Clifton beaches are protected from wind, but it’s always advised to take along something light and warm just in case!
- Close to Clifton Beach is The Bungalow Restaurant, great for lunch and dinner! Speak to us to assist with your booking.